Sorry for abandoning you wonderful people. September has been such a hectic month. But here I am! I’m back! And I have a few favorites to share with you all. Most of them are from my trip to Singapore (which I’m blogging about very soon, I think) because I got a shit ton of stuff from there.
- I’ve been using the app called 8mm for my videos before. It’s basically a Hipstamatic type of thing for videos. While I was planning my No Filter video shoot, I realized that 8mm might be too grainy for the look I’m going for so I looked for a more updated~ app and found VHS Camcorder. I ended up not using it for that purpose (lol) so now I’m just shooting random –– but important –– No Filter BTS scenes (i.e. their impressions of turtles fucking.)
- I turned 22 last year! Yay! I figured that it was time to be a grown-up so I upgraded my Bath and Body Works body spray to an actual perfume. Nothing says “you’re getting old” than a legitimate bottle of expensive perfume. I instantly fell in love with Givenchy’s Dahlia Divin. According to Sephora, it’s luminous, elegant and timeless. Suuure. What’s in it: Golden Fruit (Mirabelle Plum), White Flower Bouquet (Mainly Jasmine), Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli and probably the souls of cute baby angels.
- September is also known as No Filter rehearsals month and I needed to get my caffeine on everyday. I know it’s unhealthy to get back on the caffeine wagon after abstaining for a month but I needed it. So, recent discovery is Krispy Kreme’s Kaffe Kreme is fucking brilliant. It’s bittersweet and it gives you a shot of energy that will last the whole day. The main reason why I’m typing this now at 5 a.m. is because of the leftover caffeine rush from the cup I drank yesterday morning.
- Viviannadoesmakeup is my new YouTube discovery for the month. I love her style, her tutorials and her accent. She’s just so elegant with her signature PJs and high-end skincare routine (lels). Her look reminds me of Carina, actually.
- You know those travel-sized tubes by the Sephora checkout counter? I saw a cute little tube of Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara and chucked it in my basket without having second thoughts. I’ve been seeing it on YouTube (yes, YouTube made me do it) for quite some time now. I’m soooo happy with the formula. It gives your lashes volume without making it look spider-y. It’s like the Maybelline’s Rocket mascara but with better formula. (Side note: oh my god I sound like a beauty vlogger.)
- I first wore this yellow sweater from H&M during breakfast at the Marina Bay Sands. I looove the color of this. It’s probably the brightest thing in my closet right now.
- This signature Fjallraven Kanken bag has been on my wish list for the longest time and my lovely cousin, ate Donna, gave it to me for my birthday. Literally held back my happy tears when I opened my gift. I love it so much.
- Before anything else, I just want to say that Apple Music > Spotify. It gives more loving to the album and I love them for it. Anyway. Beirut is one of my favorite bands in college but I forgot about them for a while when I gave Spotify a go. But now that I’m back on iTunes, I rekindled my love for them and I recently found out that they have a new album out! Beirut’s No No No is a must-listen. It’s perfect for early morning drives.