Sooo, it’s the most wonderful time of the year and I’m loving a few good things. This might be a good time to catch up as well.
1. This year, #YSProm happened a bit later than usual, but at least we got to celebrate it with a few close friends. Its scale doesn’t really compare to our previous ones, which means that more people got drunk. This video by Tin V. and Czam G. captures it all. (This also marked my first year as online editor for Young STAR. Good times.)
2. I’ve loved Aperitif the moment I first saw it at a party, so I made sure that I got one for me and Kevin (yep, that’s the boyfriend) for Christmas. I got bloated the very next day but it was soooo worth it.
3. A few weeks ago, Kevin took me to a quiet beach in Zambales for his last weekend of freedom. It was the perfect place for him to practice his film photography. Unfortunately, something went wrong when we were winding his film so Sunny16 had to halt the developing process, sending my roll first. And because it’s the holidays, they waived the extra processing fee. I love them already.
4. My boss came out with a new movie for the Metro Manila Film Festival and we got a chance to do a quick set visit while they were filming in Siargao. It was a beautiful place so I know that the shot would be nice. When I saw the film, man, I was mindblown. I’d love to see the world through Odyssey‘s eyes for a day. (Edit: They also won Best Cinematography!) (Photo above by Karen who also took BTS shots for the film.)
5. For Christmas, Kev gave me three bottles of wine, a faucet (lol) and a zine with a list of songs he curated for me. It’s my new favorite thing.
What’s your fave thing from December?